Friday, June 10, 2011

Tyler Perry: "Untie the Rope"

I along with thousands of others received an email from Tyler Perry last week that was so powerful.  Yes he talked about a few movies he is working on but my attention was drawn in, particularly when he said "UNTIE THE ROPE".  Not only did he get my attention by using all caps (in email etiquette it symbolizes yelling) but also the words he used. I was happy he was yelling because the message was profound.

After meditating on this I not only realized the ropes I needed to untie for the first time, but I could hear in my spirit that there are ropes that I untied but chose to re-tie them for the 2nd or even 3rd time! 

We often hear that we need to disconnect from people and things in our lives that are holding us back and slowing us down. It's easy to re-tie the rope and welcome things and people back into our lives that we are familiar with and have become comfortable with for years. Yes, I've found myself hoping and praying that time made changes in people and things, so I re-tied the rope - but I didn't realize the rope returned in a different package, but it was the same rope!  I just settled for less than God's best for me. I sometimes told my children, "You will make a change when you get tired enough of dealing with it; if you continue to accept certain things, you are not tired enough!"   

What ropes do we need to untie so we can go to our next level (dimension)?  I am thanking God for revealing the ropes I need to untie (keep untied). God is revealing situations and people that were only supposed to be on my destiny path for a season, but I kept them there because I wasn't ready to let go completely. It may be tough and hurt some, but God has equipped us and will strengthen us in the process of untying or even cutting - so don't re-tie and hold on to "time wasters".

2 comments:

  1. I too received Tyler Perry's E-mail, however, I didn't get a chance to read it yet-but I will. Very interesting about the Ropes; and yes, I too continue to keep ropes tied to me that I should let go of. I'm finding that once I untie the knot and let it go or cut the cord, I really do feel free and a few pounds lighter. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also got the letter and will probably send it out next week for the whole team because it is really an xcellent example of writing and TP's style. Ophelia mentioned it also. good post

    ReplyDelete